2011 Golden Modes: Annual Triangle Commuter Awards and 2011 SmartCommute Challenge Winners
On July 8th, we announced this year's top commuters and big winners of the SmartCommute Challenge at the Golden Modes Annual Commuter Awards. And the winners are...
2011 SmartCommute Challenge
SmartCommute Challenge Results sheet - See how YOUR pledge contributed to cleaning up our environment and clearing our highways of congestion!
SmartCommute Challenge Employer Contest - Winners are companies with the highest participation rate in their tier, based on percentage
- Tier 1 - Cuberis 100% participation (Overall Employer Contest winner!)
- Tier 2 - ICF International
- Tier 3 - NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- Tier 4 - Eisai
- Tier 5 - Time Warner Cable - Paramount Pkwy
- Tier 6 - NetApp
- Tier 7 - City of Durham
- Tier 8 - IBM – RTP
- Tier 9 - UNC-Chapel Hill (Highest number os SmartCommute Challenge pledges overall!)
The Golden Modes
(view full program here)
Commuter Champions - Awarded to organizations and employers that offer top-tier commuter benefits and/or facilities for their employees
- Duke University and Health System
Commuter Honors - For companies that are doing more than the basic commuter offerings, are new to commuting benefits, or have shown the most growth in their program over the year.
- The City of Durham
- Town of Cary
Employee Transportation Coordinator Honors - In Recognition of Employee Transportation Coordinators who go above, and beyond the call of transportation duty!
- Martha Fletcher of NC State Bar
- Cyndy Yu-Robinson of URS Corp.
- Elizabeth Shay, UNC-CH
- Brian Williams of Duke University
- Sarah Stahlman, UNC-CH Health Services
The Wired Award - Awarded to organizations that support employees, provide resources and truly see teleworking as a part of their sustainability and commuter benefit programs.
The Golden Sneaker - Awarded to those who walk the walk and talk the talk; offer commuter benefits for those that chose this mode to commute; have worked to raise awareness or policies that affect pedestrians or are heavily involved in the pedestrian community
- Glenn Girtman of UNC-CH
- Kyle Heath & Jason Ray, owners of Jack Spratt Café, Chapel Hill
The Golden Spoke - Awarded to champions of commuting by bike, offer top-tier facilities for their employees that cycle, or are heavily involved in the cyclist community.
- Jim Miller of RTI International
- Jack Warman of Durham Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee
- Raleigh Rickshaw Co.
- Katherine O’Brien of UNC-CH Facilities Services
- Spoke N Revolutions of Chapel Hill
- Timur Ender, NCSU student
- Scott Carter of IBM
The Pool Party Award - Awarded to champions of ridesharing and organizations that offer top-tier benefits for their employees that rideshare.
- Wal-Mart, All Durham Locations
- Kim Gardner of Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC
- Telacris, Clayton Location
- Patricia J Longest, Starr H Church, Bonnie B Hayes, Sandra S Murray, and Diane L Walsh of UNC-CH
- Richard Vanderpool of IBM
The Golden Ticket - Awarded to those that go above and beyond just riding the bus – they are THE transit expert, offer more than the bare minimum for subsidies or are heavily involved in transit awareness and the community.
- Whitney B. Fairbanks, UNC-CH School of Government
- Ellen Perry of Carrboro, NC
- Evelyn Buck of NCSU
- Leo Suarez of The Raleigh Connoissuer blog
Golden Modes and SmartCommute Challenge Archive