Develop a Commuter Benefits Plan
Don’t go it alone!
We’re all creatures of habit, and our commuting behavior is also a set of habits that take time and perseverance to change. If your organization has decided to explore offering a Commuter Benefits Plan, contact a GoTriangle Employer Outreach Coordinator today to find out how you can get started--one step at a time. We can help you design a Commuter Benefits Plan that’s right for your workplace, free of charge!
Rely on the expertise of our Employer Outreach Coordinators
Through experience working with your peers in this region, and as members of national professional networks, we have staff ready to provide you guidance on developing a Commuter Benefits Plan for your workplace. We provide information and advice on:
- Identifying employee commute patterns
- Transit GoPass Options
- Financial Incentives and Subsidies
- Parking Cash-out
- Pre-tax Benefits
- Rideshare matching
- Benefits Promotion
Know which benefits will be valuable to your employees
Triangle Transit offers a FREE Employee Commuting Survey annually for employers to administer to their employees*. Establish a baseline for current employee commuting behavior and opinions, and measure the impacts of your commuter benefits strategies. Click here for details on how your organization can benefit from administering the Commuting Survey at your workplace.
*The Employee Commuting Survey is under a process reveiw and will return in 2013.
Promote your Commuter Benefits
This is key to the active usage of the program and achieving a change in commuting behavior. There are many ways we can assist you, including:
- On-site events: Invite us to set up a GoTriangle table at health fairs, benefits fairs, new hire orientations or employee appreciation days, or any time you’d like.
- Print Materials: We design and provide posters, postcards, paycheck inserts, brochures, etc. That’s one less thing on your plate. See what’s available now.
- Electronic communications: We provide you with articles and information updates for your e-mail or online communications. You can also include a link to GoTriangle.org on your intranet site.
- Commuter Campaigns: GoTriangle sponsors several annual commuter campaigns in which your worksite can participate. These are great opportunities to get your employees to try a new way to get to work.
- Register for a Free Emergency Ride Home (ERH): A common concern we hear is that employees want to have a vehicle in case of an emergency or unplanned overtime. We have a solution for them, and it’s FREE! It’s called Emergency Ride Home. Register your worksite online so that your employees can take advantage of this service if they need it - it’s easy and will only take a minute...