Emergency Ride Home
You have a ride home if an emergency ever strikes.
To qualify for ERH, you must:
- Be a part-time or full-time employee.*
- Work or live in Durham, Orange or Wake counties.
- Have shared a ride, taken the bus, biked or walked to work on the day the ride is needed.
Emergency Ride Home (ERH) is available when:
- You or an immediate family member gets sick or has a severe crisis.
- Your carpool driver has to unexpectedly leave early or stay late.
- You must work unscheduled overtime.
If you need to pick up your sick child or pick up medication, you may make a side trip on the way home. ERH is at your service so you never have to worry about finding a ride when you need it most.
Registering is easy, and the ride is free*.
When you register for the ERH program, you will be able to print a free* voucher good for a rental car or taxi ride home. You may use the service twice in a given month, up to six times per calendar year. Full, detailed instructions for the service will be provided once you register.
If you have already registered for ERH, log in here for instructions or to print a ride voucher.
*You must work for a registered employer to take more than one emergency ride home. Students do not qualify for this program.
** You will only be responsible for the taxi driver’s tip or gas used in the rental car.