Service to and from RDU
Triangle Transit’s Route 100 goes to RDU– and could be convenient for you!
The Triangle Transit Route 100 connects Downtown Raleigh and the Triangle Transit Regional Transit Center (RTC) with the Raleigh-Durham International (RDU) Airport, Monday through Sunday. RDU Airport currently recommends arriving at the airport 2 hours before your flight time to allow for baggage check-in, security screening, and boarding. Please brush up on RDU Airport Travel Tips for more information.
Save money. Don’t pay for parking or a cab. Here’s the info you’ll need to decide if it’s the right way for you to get to RDU Airport:
- How long does it take to get there?
- How much does it cost?
- Where do I catch the bus?
- When do I catch the bus?
- How do I get to my terminal from the bus?
- How do I catch the bus from the airport?
- What if I need help?
- Where can I find the bus schedules?
How long does it take to get there?
- From Downtown Raleigh, you can be dropped right in front of your terminal in 35 minutes – quicker than trying to park, right?
- From Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, and Durham, use Google Transit to plan your trip to the Regional Transit Center – from there it is only 9 minutes to Terminal 1 and 11 minutes to Terminal 2. To determine your best route to get to the Regional Transit Center call 919-485-RIDE (7433).
How much does it cost?
- You can buy a bus pass in advance at the RTC Ticket Building for just use $2.25 to pay as you board the bus. Please use exact change. You’ll need to do the same on your return trip.
Where do I catch the bus?
- In Raleigh, catch the bus at Moore Square transit hub. Look for the purple columns or there is an information booth with an attendant in case you need assistance. You can also catch the Route 100 along Hillsborough Street at marked Triangle Transit bus stops.
- From Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, and Durham plan your trip either on your computer or on the go via Google Transit to the Regional Transit Center and grab the Route 100 from there.
When do I catch the bus?
The Route 100 runs Monday through Sunday. View the full schedule and plan your trip!
- Weekday Service - Runs every 30 minutes. Service begins at 6:05 a.m. and ends at 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday Service - Runs every hour. Service begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday Service - Runs every hour. Service begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.
- The Route 100 runs Monday through Sunday. View the full schedule and plan your trip!
How do I get to my terminal from the bus?
- The route 100 drops off just outside of the Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 – the same convenient location as the rental car and hotel shuttles.
How do I catch the bus from the airport?
- Bring your bus pass, stored value card or $2.25 (exact change please!), and come meet the bus at the curb outside of your terminal – the same location the bus dropped you off before. To Raleigh, that trip takes about 35 minutes. If coming from Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill or Durham, use our park-and-ride lot (it's free!) at the Regional Transit Center. From there it takes less than 15 minutes.
What if I need help?
- Call 919-485-RIDE (7433) and a friendly customer service representative can help you plan for your trip. More of a do-it-yourselfer? Use Google maps and select the transit icon to plan your trip. Also, feel free to let the driver know this is your first time taking the bus – they’ll help you get to the right place on time.
Traveling from RDU Airport to Distant Destinations
If you need to travel from RDU Airport to a destination outside of the Triangle area please refer to the following services:
GREYHOUND BUS SERVICES
Durham Greyhound Station
515 W Pettigrew St
Durham, NC 27701 (map)
Take the Triangle Transit route 100 to the Regional Transit Center (RTC) and catch the route 700 to the Durham Station. The Greyhound buses depart from the Durham Station.
Raleigh Greyhound Station
AMTRAK TRAIN SERVICES
Durham Amtrak Station
601 W Main St
Durham, NC 27701 (map)
Take the Triangle Transit route 100 to the Regional Transit Center (RTC) and catch the route 700 to the Durham Station. Walk 1 block on Chapel Hill Street, then take a left on W Main Street. The station will be on your left.
Cary Amtrak Station
211 N Academy St
Cary, NC 27513 (map)
Take the Triangle Transit route 100 to the Regional Transit Center (RTC) and catch the route 301 to the Cary Amtrak Station. NOTE: The 301 route only operates during peak hours (6am-9am; 3pm-6pm), Monday-Friday.
Raleigh Amtrak Station
320 W Cabarrus St
Raleigh, NC 27601(map)
Take the Triangle Transit route 100 to the downtown Raleigh CAT bus station, Moore Square Station. From here, catch the CAT Route 7 South Saunders, Route 11 Avent Ferry, Route 21 Caraleigh or Route 36 Garner Station bus and ask the driver to drop you off at the Amtrak station at 320 West Cabarrus Street.
SERVICES TO OTHER DISTANT DESTINATIONS
Visit the RDU Airport web site for other services to distant destinations.